Introducing Mini Micro, the neo-retro virtual home computer from an alternate, cooler universe!
Mini Micro is an easy-to-learn environment for programming and using a computer, all based on MiniScript, a new language explicitly designed to be simple, syntax-light, and easy to use while still having all the power and expressiveness you need.
Check out the fun results from the Mini Micro v0.9 Game Jam and the Mini Micro 2021Q2 Jam. Coming up next week is the Mini Micro 1-Page Jam! We do these every quarter — keep an eye out for the next one!
Mini Micro is a fun way to learn to program, or to relax in a pleasant environment at the end of the day. Yet with support for sprites, tile maps, sounds, HTTP, and more, Mini Micro is powerful enough to create real games (like this one for example). Everything you need to do this is in the mini-documentation:
Mini Micro Cheat Sheet (4-page PDF)
You can play around with Mini Micro in the browser version above, but there are some important limitations inherent in WebGL:
- No exchange of clipboard (copy/paste) data with other apps
- No saving programs or other data to disk.
So beyond kicking the tires or playing the built-in demos, you'll want to download Mini Micro for your system. Just click the friendly Download button below!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Mini Micro version 1.1.1 is now available!Mar 01, 2022
- Mini Micro version 1.1 is now available!Jan 23, 2022
- Mini Micro version 1.0 is out!Aug 31, 2021
- Mini Micro v0.9.7 now available!May 17, 2021
- Mini Micro v0.9.6 now available!Feb 16, 2021
- Version 0.9.5 UpdateJan 24, 2021
- Mini Micro v0.9.4 now available!Jan 01, 2021
- Mini MIcro v0.9.3!Aug 07, 2020